wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Galahs have babies too

I managed to take pictures of this Galah chick, still unable to fly and being fed by both his parents. It looks nearly like a Major Mitchell's Cockatoo on the photo below, doesn't it?

below: The left hand side photo is a 100% crop from the one above (mother and baby) and the right one shows the father. I wish I haven't cropped his wing, but he took me by surprise :( As I have mentioned before you can recognize the female Galah by the red iris, which is clearly visible here.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful photo's Nickolay.
    Incredible, how did you come across this tree with the baby galahs?
    I spotted the Silvereye's, they are very excit5ed little birds.
    But the Noisy Miner chicks are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blackcrow, thank you for posting the first comment on this blog!
    I like the colors on the Noisy Miner chicks photos a lot too - very painting-like, warm and soft. I will post some more from that same series in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete