wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spotlight

Here's a male Galah, landing very close to a photograper. The setting wasn't great, but I had the best spotlight of them all – a whole star, and the best warm filter of them all – the whole planet's atmosphere.
above: Galah, Tasmania
The Muskies below were sticking their beaks in somebody else's home. The owner, a Green Rosella, popped out and they flew away. I witnessed exactly the same-scene-same-time-same-place last year. I wonder whether the Muskies are the same too?
above: Musk Lorikeets, Green Rosella, Tasmania
above: Long-billed Corella, Tasmania
click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts

2 comments:

  1. G'day Nickolay,
    Nice shots. I'm envious of the Galah pic. We have them here in good number and I've often lusted after an underwing shot, but not been successful so far.
    Regards,
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Gouldiae!
    I'm envious of your Ringtail Possum pic :D Haven't had even a single chance for a good photo in nearly six years since I came to Australia :(

    ReplyDelete