wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

An unnoticeable (probably) but important change


I've just changed the explanatory note below the title from "wildlife photography and occasional thoughts on animation" to "wildlife photography through the lens of an animator".

I had two main reasons to do this:

firstly: Over a whole year I only wrote two or three posts on animation. It's not that I have nothing to say. On the contrary – I have a lot, but in my spare time I'd better do other more pleasant things than think of animation. Animation nowadays brings me more grief than anything else. And there is no use of complaining or theorizing either.

secondly: (But it's actually more important) I found a person who speaks on my behalf. In John K and his frequent posts on animation I found someone whose thoughts I agree with 99%, whose tastes in cartoons I share, and whose hopes and frustrations about how this industry goes or should go are my hopes and frustrations.
He is very serious about his blogging. He is an influential figure in the animation world and he loves cartoons as much (or even more) than I do.
So from now on every now and then I may link to one of his posts. And this should be enough.
John K is the spokesman of many of us, I guess. :: http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/ ::

I will keep the label animation and whenever I feel that a photo might be useful to animators studying action I will tag it.

No comments: