wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I needed a macro lens!

I was hiding under a shelter from the drizzle while trying to photograph a Magpie. My bag was on a bench next to me when suddenly I realized a sticky beak was around :D LOL, it was too close for my telephoto lens to get a good focus. And I didn't have time to step back.
Noisy (I should say nosy!) Miner, Tasmania
click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts

3 comments:

  1. What a great moment! I'm surprised at how trusting these birds are of us humans.
    He really must have thought you had something in there for him.
    Not a bad effort with the telephoto lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D It only lasted a couple of seconds, but the curiosity was obviously bigger than the other instincts. I had to sharpen this image in PS a bit to make it look crisper.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Nickolay,
    Great catch and I loved the label NOSY Miner - perfect.
    Regards,
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete