wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kookaburra in flight

I have been extremely busy with work lately.
Fortunately, today I could steal several hours for a walk and a few photos. And as it usually happens - wildlife and photography are far much more rewarding than the rapidly deteriorating animation industry. Being an all-animals-lover I keep getting excited by the commonest seagulls, pigeons, noisy M-s and blackbirds, and being an opportunistic photographer I keep shooting all the creatures around me, no matter how many thousands of images of this particular species I already have. The reward is that every now and then I get an extraordinary image like this one - an image that the naked eye cannot see, a frozen moment, beautifully lit and typical in every aspect. Positive emotions, pride and satisfaction that I'm improving my skill are the free bonuses. It really is great when you see something that you don't see every day!
And Kookas? I love them!
Laughing Kookaburra in flight, NSW
click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts