: : wildlife photography through the lens of an animator : :

Friday, October 9, 2009

Taxonomic names in labels



Today I did the first major update in the labeling system of this bloG since the start.

I have been thinking how to implement the taxonomic Latin names of animals in the labels for a long time, but couldn't find any elegant solution. I wanted to somehow have them both appear under the posts together, but stay in separate indexes for easier searching. Today I gave up and added them in brackets after the common names. The label list got messier, but should work better with search engines and visitors can still browse it or search using 'find in page' function in the browser...