wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lizards

above: Cicada (Psaltoda moerens)

Eastern Water Dragons seem to be very popular here in Sydney. I see them quite often during my walks and they come in all sizes, colors and, obviously, ages. They are not too shy either. If you approach them slowly, they will pretend to be logs or rocks and pose very nicely. AF works well on their scaly skin. All in all they make perfect models. Of course, I'm worried not to bore the visitors too much, but I can't resist to post some more dragon pictures. There will be at least one more batch later.

Apart from Eastern Water Dragons I see Skinks. The Blue Tongue is easy to ID, but many of the others are not. I don't have a book on lizards and extra difficulty comes from the fact that it's not only the the colors and shapes, but over their lifespan they vary in size considerably.

above: Eastern Water Dragon

above: Blue Tongue Lizard

above: Cunningham's Skink (Egernia cunninghami)

above: Eastern Water Skink (Eulamprus quoyii)

above: Eastern Water Dragon

click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts

No comments: