wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Friday, May 7, 2021

Signs of life

I haven't posted for over two years, it seems.

Thank you to all the hundreds of good people who emailed me over this period to ask whether I was OK and to say how much they all miss the regular updates.

It is heartwarming to know that even people who are first-time visitors enjoyed the photos that much to actually make the effort to say 'hi'.

Thank you!

I'm well.
I've been very busy with work and my other big project - Flanimate Power Tools.
I keep taking photos with my old Canon. Posting less frequently allows me to detach and choose only the good ones to show here eventually.

The last year has been the best one for Hobart in a long time. Thanks to the nasty Chinese virus, Tasmanian borders have been closed and all the tourists and international students have disappeared, so locals could regain some breathing space, some air.
The animals seem happier too.

The Robin Family

I observed a pair of Scarlet Robins build a nest and successfully raise 3 chicks.
It was wonderful!

More birdies

And below are just a few more bird photos from the last few months.

In this post: Grey Fantail, Grey Currawong, Green Rosella, Golden Whistler, Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo, Scarlet Robin - all photographed in Tasmania.
click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts