wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Brushies

I love seeing the brushies.

I often get up at night to try to spot them and I don't mind at all when they wake me up with their squeals, roars and hisses. I even recognize their individual voices.
There are 3 colour variants here where I live: Grey with cream tummy, Chocolate red, and Dark chocolate with cream tummy.

I'm told that today is Mother's day in the anglo world.
All praise and medals should go to the Chocolate red female possum on the photos below - a heroic, gentle and caring mother, whom I've known for 6 years already.

She raised two healthy, happy kids one after the other this year alone!

Brushtail Possums, Tasmania
click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts