wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Saturday, March 8, 2008

I have been very lucky

I took 571 photos yesterday. Some of them are quite nice, some of them are of birds I've never seen before, but this image is easily the most exciting one. I was standing on a cliff, taking photos of this Grey Currawong feeding in the high branches of a tree, when suddenly it decided to fly directly at the camera. Two of the frames are with acceptable sharpness. I'll post the other one some time later. It's such a rare thing for a bird photographer the get this view. Well... the image could probably be much better. It was just sooo unexpected. Currawongs are usually very shy.
Grey Currawong, clinking form, Tasmania
click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts

No comments: