wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Saturday, August 23, 2008

There's nothing on these photos... or is there?

In June I spent a couple of weeks in Sydney. Unfortunately, the weather was pretty bad, so I couldn't do any of the planned walks and had to stay indoors most of the time. What I could do however was to go and see if my old friends - the Tawny Frogmouth family that used to live in a small park in St Leonards - was still there. Nearly four years had passed since I last saw them and I was a bit anxious. Went to the park and in five minutes I'd spotted one, then the other. How happy and excited I felt! It was a good day and even the sun broke through the dense clouds to make the photos I took more colorful. Later I went there once more on an even gloomier day and saw three of them - they had a grown-up kid. Will post more Tawnies later...
Tawny Frogmouth, Sydney
click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts

3 comments:

  1. G'day Nickolay,
    Aren't the Tawnies just masters at camouflage? Beautiful birds. How lucky were you for them to be at the same site after 4 years?
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birds! That little ray of sunshine couldn't have been better situated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Gouldiae!
    Tawnies are amazing! Sometimes I think of them as the bird equivalent of chameleons :)
    And it is so rewarding when you spot one as it is not easy at all.
    I'm so glad to know that this particular family is still there undisturbed after four years.

    G'day Mosura!
    That ray of sunshine adds a lot to the warmth and atmosphere of the photo, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete